Friday, March 1, 2013

The finishes...

 Here are better photos of the recent finishes...
 
 
The three stumpy bookmarks by Kirsti Anear.  (11, 12, 13/25 motif challenge) The purple thread is a DMC Cabelia in size 10, the other 2 threads are size 10, but have no labels.  Love that dusty rose in the middle...just a beautiful color!
 
 
More hair clips.  (14 & 15/25 motif challenge) These I make up as I go along, something different nearly everytime.  Really depends on the thread left on the shuttles. These are always fun to make, a lovely way to empty shuttles, and a great gift for little girls.   
 
 
Two more of Mary Konior's Large Cross from her book Tatting With Visual Patterns. (16 & 17/25 motif challenge) Both of these are done in vintage size 70 threads, neither had a label on them.  The black/silver/white is gorgeous!
 
 
Finally, the Norma Benporath lace mat.  (18/25 motif challenge) I did finish this back on January 2nd, but it has been sitting here waiting to be dampened and lightly pressed since...silly really.  But there you go...gorgeous pattern, loved tatting it! 
 

7 comments:

  1. Very lovely tatting! The lace mat is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful!! :)
    And your lace mat is very elegant!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors for your lace mat. And those stumpies, I've never liked them before but that purple one-yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That purple thread is really nice, it's a favorite of mine to work with...the color is just a perfect purple.

      Delete
  4. Stumpy is such a wonderful bookmark pattern, and you've chosen beautiful colors! I'm enjoying tatting crosses right now, but I'm still stuck on Jan Stawasz's pattern. I must get back to Mary Konior!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping to get that book for my Birthday. Love the crosses in that pattern that I have seen on your blog. Mary Konior's tend to be my favorite cross patterns...and large cross/stumpy my 2 favorite patterns to tat period.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments...they are read and treasured!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...