Monday, May 21, 2012

More Crocheted Baskets...

Here are more of the baskets I have crocheted using the same patterns I linked in my last post...they have finally been boxed up and shipped off to their new homes, except for the couple that will stay in mine!


Here is the one for my Mother, in shades of brown, reds, peach, and corals...very pretty.  One of my favorites, save the one I made for myself!


For my Step-Mother-In-Law...in a dusty blue that I hope she will love.


This one is mine...I love the oranges, corals, and browns in this one!  I love these late Summer or Autumn colors...so warm and happy!!!


The basket on the left is the one I had mentioned I was still working on in my last post, for my Sister.  The one on the right, well, little Miss Rosie Posie decided she needed a basket too...


I finished her's up today, a periwinkle blue and a lovely soft rose pink...her choice in colors.  She loves blue and lavendar...that periwinkle blue has a bit of a lavender tint to it.  She's been telling me that yarn was for her for a while now. 


...and here is a better photo of my Sister's basket, also in blue.  She has a lot of this shade in her home.  I would call it a country blue, I have paired it with a cream color in this basket. 

My beautiful older daughter wants one too...and has yarn picked out, so one more of these to come, then I think I am done with this pattern for a while at least!

There are other pretty things I've made inside my Sister's basket, I will share those with you tomorrow...really need to get off to bed now!

7 comments:

  1. Your baskets are all beautiful! Years ago, baskets crocheted out of fabric strips were quite popular around here. I made some, but I did not enjoy the process, so I gave them all away. Now I wish I had kept a couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane! I remember seeing the baskets crocheted from the fabric strips. I had thought of trying some of these from Tarn (t-shirt yarn)or plarn (plastic bag yarn) at some point...fabric strips in general would be pretty as well! Working with such a large hook and thick yarn does make my wrist sore after a bit, I wouldn't want to make these continually...but they are fun and pretty :-)

      Delete
  2. Your baskets are beautiful! And so handy for storing little treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suz!!! They are handy, mine handles a crochet project well...and my Rosie Posie is presently hauling her dollies in hers!!! :-)

      Delete
  3. Those are all so pretty and you have great colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I love playing with color, so this has been a fun venture as I can combine so many yarns and they blend to create such lovelyness in this pattern :-)

      Delete
  4. Super cool. They look like they must be fun to make. I like the handles and fun flowers on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...they are read and treasured!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...