Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Southwest Embroideries...

I have been playing with embroidery today.  It's been quite some time since I have attempted any embroideries, but these patterns look to be a perfect fit for the recipients I have in mind for them.  The transfers are some that I picked up at the quilt show a few weeks ago.  These are tea towels, flour sack towels, or dish towels; whichever you prefer to call them.  The first is finished here...


The second is begun...I am growing braver and attempting some shading/dimension utilizing colors and differing the stitches to achieve some level of depth here...not completely convinced as to the effectiveness, but it keeps me entertained while working at least...


I have several more of these I would like to complete over the next few days, we'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments...they are read and treasured!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...