Thursday, December 1, 2011

Orsi's Minta Snowflake...

Orsi posted the stitch counts for her Minta Snowflake that I admired so much yesterday, so of course I had to try it...almost finished last night but had to finish the last repeat this morning.



This is a really pretty pattern and fun to tat.  I found the repeats easy to remember and it is relaxing to tat. 

I put 4 yards on one shuttle and 3 on the second, but had to switch which shuttle I was using for what midway as I was running out of thread on the 1st shuttle.  I'd go with 5 yards on one and 2 on the second...plus a little for safety's sake.  Here is what I had left, having switched shuttles being used for the outer rings at the beginning of the chain at the end of the 4th repeat...



It is snowing here today...so tatting snowflakes inside where it is warm and dry is very pleasant.  I'm glad I don't have to run around at all today other than taking my older daughter to school and picking her up.  The snow started just about time to head over to school this morning...so here is a shot of the snowflake in front of the window...




I think I'm going to go tat this again now.  Orsi has a picture of a version in green with red beads this morning...I'm thinking of red with red...but we'll see!  Here is one more picture...


This will be motif #16 in my 25 motif challenge.  The thread is size 20 LizBeth "Snow White"  Loved tatting this motif...definitely one to put on your to tat list!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments...they are read and treasured!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...