Friday, May 13, 2011

It's a Start to a Pretty Hankie Edging...

I thought I would share what I have decided to do with the hankie from Michelle...it's a start.  I haven't gotten very far yet...and I don't usually share things before they are completed.  It makes me nervous about peoples reactions more so than when the item is complete.  However, I thought I would give it a try.  It seems like a lot of other people share their ongoing work and the resulting comments provide encouragement for completion, so we'll just have to see how that "works" for me!  I will certainly need encouragement on this one...


I have done a single crochet edge to attach the tatting to, followed by a basic ring edging, which is to be topped off with Mary Konior's Asters edging from Tatting with Visual Patterns.  I like the white, it picks up the white details in the hanky while the lavendar accents the roses.  I am happy with this choice...but it is size 80 DMC thread...and it's going to take a while.  I think if I do 4 repeats a day, I'll be done in 12 days... 


The Asters edging attaches in multiples of 4, so I have to be careful that each side has a number of rings on the basic edging that is divisible by 4 or I'll have a big oops...oh, and don't count to closely in the above picture, I already miscalculated and had to cut this little bit of the Asters edging off.  The pattern starts at the last ring of the previous repeat so I should have started 3 rings in, not 4.  Despite that, this is what the hankie seemed to want and I like how it looks, so I am going to continue...it's a fun challenge :-)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely choices of colors and patterns. The outer lavender ring shape is like the rose bud shape. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's just lovely! So delicate- it matches the hanky perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful! :) Can't wait to see it completed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have used colour with this beautiful edging. It is going to be really pretty.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous! All that planning and counting to get it just right - you have a lot of patience that will pay off when it's done. Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to look really lovely... can't go wrong with such a pretty hanky! I even like it with just the first simple row of rings. Just found your blog, you have many pretty things on there... I shall have to keep an eye on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...they are read and treasured!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...