Sunday, May 1, 2011

One Small Motif...

I got to tat, and complete, something today...one small motif, but it's more than I've gotten to do in a month.  It has simply been a busy time, everything from Springbreak to sick children has impeded any progress with tatting.

I did attempt to work on a tatting covered Easter egg (coming along ~ just slow going as I am making it up as I go), an edging of my own invention (nothing particularly remarkable there ~ just basic rings and chains), and Mary Konior's convolvulus bookmark (Need to start over on that one ~ I found tatting in a moving vehicle on bumpy roads produces an absolute mess of uneven stitches)...

I really haven't anything I want to show on any of those endeavors...However...



This is something I saw on Anika's Blog here.  She found it in an old tatting book she has called "Tatting Patterns and Designs".  I believe I've found that this book is still in print and ordered a copy this morning from here.  I thought this motif looked like a fun little thing to play with.  It's a lovely little star, I enjoyed tatting it and it's quite pretty.  I'd like to try it with six sides tomorrow, more possibilities for future play there...but, we will see :-)  Perhaps this will be a better month for my tatting and other creative pursuits. 



The thread is some new Lizbeth size 20 that I have aquired, the color is called Springtime.  I have actually expanded my thread stash a great deal this past month, but more on that another time...I want to get a post up before the day is done.  This pretty little motif will be number 6 in the 25 motif challenge. 



1 comment:

Thank you for your comments...they are read and treasured!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...