Thursday, August 23, 2012

Crochet Beaded Rope Necklaces...

These beautiful crochet beaded rope necklaces are also made by my Grandmother Stella.  I love them and actually had run across instructions for making these a while back and had added it to my crochet project board on Pinterest here...along with about a million other projects I hope to get to someday!  At any rate, Grandma's are gorgeous and I thought I would share...

 
Above are two strands, one done in pearls with a variagated pastel thread (the effect is fantastic) and one with silver thread and sparkly beads (just elegant)...

 
This one is pink pearls on lavendar thread...love the tastled ends on this one.  The others are sewn end to end in such a way that you can not tell where the ends are without careful perusal...all three are stunning.
 
I do wish I had a photo of one of these strands on someone...they are truely beautiful on as well.  They do look like luxurious treasures laying in their tumbled piled too...and I am glad to have these to share.  Grandma created so many beautiful things...it just amazes me sometimes.  I hope I leave a fraction of the treasures behind me, for those I love, that she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...they are read and treasured!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...