Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blue Dress...Completed!


I first blogged about this little dress and it's tatted trim here, so if it looks like something you have seen before...well, you have. I laid the dress aside for one reason or another, and it didn't come back out to be finished until I ran across it while packing for my recent travels. I finished it on the 10th, but lacked internet access at the time...so am sharing it today...


How I went about attaching the edging, stitching down the picots on both sides as this will be regularly laundered...

 

The little Rosie Posie in her new dress...she had to put it on the moment it was finished.  Fortunately, I had purchased a 5T size, so she will likely still get another year to wear this little blue dress...

  

I love how the tatting added just the right accent to this otherwise plain flowered dress.  It really brings out the details...and my little one loves it!  It took nearly 3 massively overfilled clover shuttles plus the ball thread to finish the bottom trim...lots and lots of tatting, even though it was a larger size 10 thread.


With this round of the 25 motif challenge, I wanted only to count new (to me) patterns once completed, but I think I will just count whatever I finish as I seem to be tatting the same patterns quite a lot the past few months and essentially haven't even started my new round though I've been tatting.  Therefore, we'll just start here, with this dress...so this is 1 of 25!


2 comments:

Thank you for your comments...they are read and treasured!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...